|Haptics Touch Feedback for Touch Screens
Haptics, touch feedback technology creates the perception of pressing physical switches. Haptics enables users to feel clicks, vibrations and other tactile input. It has been described as "doing for the sense of touch what computer graphics does for vision".
The word haptic, from the Greek ἅπτικός (haptikos), means pertaining to the sense of touch and comes from the Greek verb ἅπτεσθαι haptesthai, meaning to contact or to touch.
Haptics Enhances Usability of Touch Screens
The process of authentication can be enhanced with a touch screen that provides tactile or touch feedback. Devices that provide synchronized sound and graphics upon touch are more intuitive, personal and satisfying. Haptic touch can apply to all types of touch screens – Capacitive, Resistive, Surface Acoustic Wave and Infrared.
Key Advantages of Touch Feedback
- Creates the perception of touching physical buttons and switches
- Works with a wide range of touch screen sizes and technologies
- Provides fast, tactile response synchronized with sound and graphics
- Enhances usability, particularly for noisy or distracting environments
- Helps improve user performance, productivity, and safety
- Programmability can be used to further enhance usability
- Diminishes the effects of device complexity
- Compatible with all types of touch screens
- Generates performance and differentiation advantages
Esterline Interface Technologies assists our customers heighten the level of user interactivity and build a more engaging experience with haptics technology. Sensory based touch screens that “touch back” supply distinct benefits by providing users with a more satisfying experience – one that is more interactive, engaging, intuitive, and fun.
Contact us to learn more about how tactile feedback can be added to enhance and distinguish your touch screen application.