Software Certification Support
Esterline AVISTA Engineering Services offers the software-certification capabilities necessary for safety-critical applications from aerospace to defense across their respective regulatory guidelines and standards.
At Esterline AVISTA, the certification effort is a strategic exercise, not an afterthought or cursory assignment left to junior staffers. Hundreds of projects developed under strict certification guidelines and standards such as DO-178B/C and DO-254 have honed our investigatory skills in problem discovery and efficient test development. Verification, validation, and certification are an integral part of the AVISTA development life-cycle.
The primary certification activities we provide include:
- Coordination with the FAA ACOs during certification efforts
- Performing audits during the software life cycle
- Approving software design data via FAA 8110-3’s
- Performing a gap analysis on processes with respect to regulatory guidelines and standards
- Assisting in updating processes to meet regulatory guidelines and standards
- Performing preliminary project audits in order to prepare for formal certification and regulatory audits
- Providing consulting on certification related topics during the planning effort and throughout the life of the project
- Providing training on the DO-178B/C document suite
Our certification-related expertise and background include:
- In-house Software Level A Consultant DER and network of other Consultant DERs for ACO coordination and 8110-3 approvals
- Participation in RTCA SC-205/WG-71 committee which created the DOC-178C document suite
- Knowledge and background of the entire suite including supplements (DO-331, DO-332, and DO-333) and DO-330
- Co-chair of RTCA/EUROCAE Forum on Aeronautical Software (FAS)
- Monitoring application of DO-178C document suite
- Providing information papers for needed clarity
- Participation in RTCA SAE S-18 committee in support ARP-4754 and ARP-4761
- Participation in RTCA SC-216 committee in support of information security.
- Participation in RTCA SC-228 committee in support of UAS in US airspace integration standards.