AVISTA defense capabilities
AVISTA maritime systems capabilities
AVISTA unmanned systems (UAV/UAS) capabilities
Software systems to manage and protect national security and ensure smooth government operation must be developed in a timely manner, and absolutely needs to be secure and reliable. With experienced US-based engineers for export-controlled project work, Esterline AVISTA Engineering Services has the best people in the business, working with world-class processes: RTCA (DO-178B/C, DO-254), CMMI, AS9100, PMP, ARP-4754A, and more.
We’ve created solutions for diverse defense applications, including flight-management systems, flight-planning and flight-formation systems, GPS-driven precision mapping applications, and satellite communications. Selected projects include:
- KC-135 Stratotanker: Supported multiple phases of a major cockpit upgrade, including the flight management system.
- S-70B Seahawk: Supported implementations of the flight management system for multiple derivatives of this platform.
- RQ-1 Predator B / MQ-9 Reaper: Supported development of embedded software systems and airworthiness certification.
- C-17 Globemaster III: Supported testing activities.
- C-130 Hercules Avionics Modernization Program (AMP): Supported development of a satellite communication system.
- Joint Combat Aircraft: Supported development of software systems.
- F-15E Strike Eagle: Supported development of software systems.
- AT-6 Wolverine: Supported development and testing of the rudder control system.
- Military utility vehicle: Developed software for the autonomous steering system.