As a business-to-business ("B2B") organization, we collect name, contact details, and other Personal Data related to our commercial relationships. Click here to learn more.
We use Personal Data to perform transactions and respond to inquiries, to manage accounts and maintain business operations, to provide relevant marketing, and to fulfill other business and compliance purposes. Click here to learn more.
We share Personal Data as necessary to perform transactions, respond to requests, and to fulfill other business and compliance purposes. Click here to learn more.
You have control over how we use Personal Data for direct marketing. Click here to learn more.
Data subject rights
You have certain rights to request access, rectification, deletion, or other actions regarding your Personal Data where required by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
We maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. Click here to learn more.
We provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers where specified by law. Click here to learn more.
We provide other information in this Privacy Statement about: (i) the legal basis for collecting and processing Personal Data, (ii) the consequences for not providing Personal Data, (iii) automated decision-making, (iv) do-not-track (DNT) signals, (v) data retention, (vi) links to third party websites, (vii) employee and contractor issues; and (viii) changes to this Privacy Statement. Click here to learn more.
Please contact us as detailed below with any questions. Click here to learn more.
1. Collection of Personal Data. We collect the following categories of Personal Data:
2. Use of Personal Data. We use the above categories of Personal Data for the following purposes:
Purpose of Use
Categories of Personal Data
Perform transactions and respond to your inquiries
Basic Information, Registration Information, Transaction Information, and Device Information
Manage your accounts and maintain our business operations
Make our website more intuitive and easy to use and conduct research regarding opinion of customer services
Device Information, Basic Information, Registration Information
Protect the security and effective functioning of our website and information technology systems
Provide relevant marketing
Basic Information, Registration Information, Device Information, Transaction Information, and Marketing Information
Address our compliance and legal obligations and exercise our legal rights
Basic Information, Registration Information, Compliance Information, Transaction Information, and Device Information
Consider individuals for employment and contractor opportunities and manage on-boarding procedures
Job Applicant Information
3. Sharing of Personal Data. We may share Personal Data with the following categories of recipients:
If you have questions about the parties with which we share Personal Data, please contact us as specified below.
4. Marketing Choices. You have control regarding our use of your Personal Data for direct marketing. If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other marketing communication, you can choose to not receive such communications at any time. Please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication or contact us as detailed below.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored on your browser, device, or the page you are viewing. Some cookies are deleted once you close your browser, while other cookies are retained even after you close your browser so that you can be recognized when you return to a website. More information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies on our website are generally divided into the following categories:
What are your options if you do not want cookies on your device?
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections "Help" or "Internet Options," to exercise choices you have for certain cookies. If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of this website, and you may be required to re-enter your log-in details.
To learn more about certain cookies used for interest-based advertising by third parties, including through cross-device tracking, and to exercise certain choices regarding such cookies, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance-Canada, European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance or your device settings if you have the DAA or other mobile application.
6. Data Subject Rights. If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA) you have the following rights:
If you are in the EEA you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. Access a list of local data protection authorities in EEA countries.
7. Information Security. We maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. However, no security measure can guarantee against compromise. You also have an important role in protecting your Personal Data. You should not share your username and password with anyone, and you should not re-use passwords across more than one website. If you have any reason to believe that your username or password has been compromised, please contact us as detailed below.
8. Cross-Border Transfers. We transfer Personal Data to various jurisdictions as necessary for the purposes described above, including to jurisdictions that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. We provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by applicable law for international data transfers. With respect to transfers originating from the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we implement standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, and other appropriate solutions to address cross-border transfers as required by applicable law. Where required by such laws, you may request a copy of the suitable mechanisms we have in place by contacting us as detailed below.
9. Other Issues.
(i) What is the legal basis of processing?
Some jurisdictions require an explanation of the legal basis for collecting and processing Personal Data. We have several different legal grounds on which we collect and process Personal Data, including: (i) as necessary to perform a transaction (such as when we respond to your requests); (ii) as necessary to comply with a legal obligation (such as when we use Personal Data for recordkeeping to substantiate tax liability); (iii) consent (where you have provided consent as appropriate under applicable law, such as for direct marketing or certain cookies); and (iv) necessary for legitimate interests (such as when we act to maintain our business generally). With respect to legitimate interests, given that we are a B2B company, we typically collect and process limited Personal Data about customer contacts and other individuals acting in their business capacities, as part of our overall effort to reduce the privacy impact on individuals.
(ii) What are the consequences of not providing Personal Data?
You are not required to provide all Personal Data identified in this Privacy Statement to use our website or to interact with us offline, but certain functionality will not be available if you do not provide certain Personal Data. If you do not provide certain Personal Data, we may not be able to respond to your requests, perform a transaction with you, or provide you with marketing that we believe you would find valuable.
(iii) Do we engage in automated decision-making without human intervention?
We do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you.
(iv) Does the website honor do not track ("DNT") signals sent via browsers?
Given the divergent practices of organizations that offer browsers and the lack of a standard in the marketplace, we do not respond to DNT signals at this time.
(v) How long do we retain Personal Information?
We typically retain Personal Data related to marketing activities for as long as you accept marketing communications from us and upon request, we will securely delete such data in accordance with applicable law. For Personal Data that we collect and process for other purposes, as described above, we typically retain such Personal Data for no longer than the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, and as otherwise needed to address tax, corporate, compliance, employment, litigation, and other legal rights and obligations.
(vi) Are third party websites governed by this Privacy Statement?
This website contains links and references to other websites (e.g., social media buttons) administered by unaffiliated third parties. This Privacy Statement does not apply to such third party websites. When you click a link to visit a third party website, you will be subject to that website's privacy practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy and security practices of any linked third party websites before providing any Personal Data on those websites.
(vii) How does Esterline handle employee and contractor privacy issues?
Personal Data about our employees and contractors are addressed through internal company policies and procedures, and are outside the scope of this Privacy Statement.
(viii) How will we handle any changes to this Privacy Statement?
We may update this Privacy Statement from time-to-time as our services and privacy practices change, or as required by law. The effective date of our Privacy Statement is posted below, and we encourage you to visit our website periodically to stay informed about our privacy practices. We will post the updated version of the Privacy Statement on our website, and ask for your consent to the changes if legally required.
10. Contact Us. If you have questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Attn: Legal Department
500 108th Avenue NE, Suite 1500
Bellevue, WA 98004
Effective Date: August 14, 2018