BELLEVUE , WASHINGTON , August 3, 2004 . Esterline Technologies Corporation (NYSE:ESL) announced today that it has filed a universal shelf registration statement on Form S-3 with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). The registration statement, when declared effective by the SEC, will allow Esterline to issue an aggregate of $300 million in common stock, debt, convertible debt, stock purchase contracts and stock purchase units, any of which may be offered by Esterline from time to time at prices and on terms to be determined at the time of any such offering. The net proceeds of any sale of securities by Esterline may be used to fund acquisitions, to repay or refinance debt and for general corporate purposes.
The universal shelf registration statement has been filed with the SEC but has not yet become effective. The securities covered by the registration statement may not be sold, nor may offers to buy be accepted, prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy the securities described herein, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
At the time any of the securities covered by the registration statement are offered for sale, a prospectus supplement will be prepared and filed containing specific information about the terms of any such offering. When it becomes available, a written prospectus may be obtained by contacting the underwriters named in the prospectus supplement or by contacting Esterline.
Esterline is a specialized manufacturing company serving principally aerospace/defense markets. Approximately 80% of total revenues are generated from aerospace/defense markets; the remaining 20% is derived from the application of these technologies into other markets. Esterline management views the company's businesses in three segments related to its set of core competencies: Avionics & Controls, Sensors & Systems, and Advanced Materials.